Saturday, August 8, 2009

Been a long time

I really have no excuse to not be updating this blog, it's kinda like keeping a journal for me, I am really great at it for a short time, but then gets greatly neglected. Well life is never boring for us. We have had about 3k in car repair bills, stupid stuff really, drained our savings which is the most disappointing part of repair bills. Julie got Broken ribs from a roller coaster at Lagoon on the anniversary that Emily broke her collar bone. And I am just preparing for nursing school this fall, lame I am 30 and still don't have a degree. Got this laptop for school, I love it, and hopefully I will be able to update this a bit more because of wi-fi at work.

Another thing that has kept me from updating this blog is because of Facebook. It is so much easier to write a sentence or two, than writing this, yes I am lazy at typing, I am really bad at it. Yet I have determined to resurrect the blog because as life seems so crazy and hectic now it is only going to get worse, and I might as well document it. Instead of writing all that has happened so far this year, I am going to start with what is current and go from there.

This past thursday we went to Lagoon with Julie's sister Sheri and her kids, and Eli was with grandpa Carling. We got there shortly after the park opened with excitement and nervousness. As an adult these "thrill" rides are a bit more daunting, hence the nervousness. Emily and Jake where very brave and challenged themselves to ride the "scary" rides. Jake was an inch too short for most of the rides, but Emily was able to go on all of them that she wanted. We had a ton of fun, the weather was great due to an incoming cold front so the wind kept us cooled off. My favorite rides with three being #1 due to thrill factor was Colossus, Wicked, and the Rocket. We where all able to fit on the same tube on Rattlesnake Rapids, which got us (except Julie) drenched to the core, no matter how hard we tried not too. Much to our delight Sheri offered to watch the kiddos while Julie and I went to ride some rides. I was looking forward to hear the shrills resonant from my sweet wife. We found the Jetstar, a smaller but fast rollercoaster. We went down the first descent and Julie looked back at me in pain, "oh Crap!" It turned out that Julie had her right arm next to her and at the bottom of the descent she got slammed to her right side and she felt and heard a pop, a rib broke. We soon left the park due to Julie's pain increasing, dropped the kids off at Grandpa's and went to Instacare. After some x-rays revealing that her lungs where not punctured we got the kids and headed home. This made for a very long day, full of emotions of excitement to one of great concern. I then called "sick" for work the next day, good thing I did, because I was able to help Julie out quite a bit, and changed 6 poopy diapers! Something positive to note my laptop arrived 3 days earlier than expected yesterday. Things are better today, I am at work, and my sweetheart has family to help out, which I am extremely greatful for.

No comments: