Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Added stress but I will take it...

Consider this to be the official announcement, since our children and a few friends already know. The fourth child is on the way. Personally I was hoping to keep this hush hush for a while since we just found out 2 weeks ago, but news travels fast, and I was hoping to have some fun with the announcement. But that wasn't meant too be, but I will try to make the best of it. We had decided let's take our chances back in June of this year. We both know we need to bring another little one to this world of ours and now would be a good of time as any. If we planned things right the baby would come in summer time when I do not have school to worry about, and it is looking like that will be the case. As a husband and father I find pregnancies very stressful, so many worries with the infinite amount of things that could go wrong. My love for my sweet wife in immense, but with the hormonal shifts that a pregnant woman has it can be a rather challenging for the husband, the future father. It is my goal to be able to cope better, you would think that I would be getting better at this being the fourth time around and all. Julie may just be a few weeks or a month along, but we have much to look forward to, and too get ready for the little one to come into our lives.

4 comments:

Jay said...

Congratulations DeYoung fam! We are so excited for you all! We will both be having babies in 2011 - how fun is that?! : ) Jon, adding to the family is stressful to Jay too. Hang in there it's an adjustment for the whole family! XOXO Hope to see you all in UT again sometime in the near future! Our children will have so much FUN together!

Jay said...

BTW, I (Lois) made the last comment, Jay is signed in to his google account and I'm too lazy to sign into mine LOL! Lois again

Ruth said...

What wonderful news! Congrats DeYoung family. We are still at 3...You guys win!!!
I admire you being in tune and knowing another little spirit needed a body and be part of your precious family. COOL!
Yes, it's added stress but you will be blessed. Patience padowan. The Force will be with You.

The Ellis Fam said...

Congrat's. I think that's great news. You guys are great parents. I'm excited for all the funny comments and stories to come along with the child.